Incorporating sustainable features into our communities supports the ACC mission of delivering premier student housing. This commitment promotes healthy, comfortable and marketable student living environments. Our dedication to these principles extends beyond our employees to our residents and partner institutions. The long-term value generated by operational efficiency benefits us as company and our stakeholders.
New Property Development
We conceive ACC student communities with an eye toward sustainability:
- Site Planning and Circulation Minimize heat loads and facilitate natural ventilation through site planning. Situate communities on or in close proximity to campuses, emphasizing pedestrian and bicycle circulation and minimizing vehicular impact.
- Integrated Design Process Employ energy models for systems analysis to lower environmental effects while increasing operational efficiencies and long-term savings.
- Building Specifications and Designs Apply innovative design principles to conserve water and energy, protect indoor air quality and create healthy living spaces.
- Materials Selection Utilize regional and recycled products and responsible waste management processes to conserve valuable resources.
We continually evaluate and refine sustainability standards in our existing communities:
- Leverage Our Experience Implement best practices established in the development of new communities to older properties.
- Capital Improvement Program Enhance the efficiencies, durability or replacement of existing materials and systems.
Education and Behavior
We promote green living to our people and residents, leading by example:
- Educate Inform and engage our people on sustainable behaviors and community involvement.
- Empower Enable our people to create lasting value through sustainable practices, opportunities and solutions.
- Inspire Use sustainable community features and programs as residential teaching aids.