The Financial Analyst – Portfolio Management will be responsible for the creation/preparation of budgets, forecasts, and other financial targets in accordance with GAAP accounting principles. Reporting to the VP of Portfolio Management, the position will be responsible for analyzing and maintaining a database of information that includes, but is not limited to, revenue and expense projections, property characteristics, historical financial data, rental rate pricing, and other financial information.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Creation/preparation of annual budgets, projections, and quarterly reforecast targets
- Analyze historical operating performance and create financial models to forecast future earnings estimates
- Maintain/improve the operational database; develop value-add tools and assist in system and process implementation and improvement projects
- Assist with analysis and processes relating to the disposition of assets from the portfolio
- Assist in the creation of a monthly reporting package that includes both financial and non-financial data that will be distributed to senior management which includes but is not limited to, growth estimates, occupancy and rental rate changes, analyzing variances between budget/projection/target and actual results
- Assist in rental rate setting process to maximize revenue growth across the portfolio
- Assist the VP of Portfolio Management in analyzing business results to identify trends and key performance indicators which may drive management team strategy
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field required
- Real estate/REIT experience preferred
- 1-3 years financial analysis experience in a real estate company preferred
- Net present value, internal rate of return, cash on cash return
- All basic mathematical concepts associated with financial analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (experience with Cognos or other data management software a plus)
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work in a dynamic work environment and capable of meeting critical deadlines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, leadership and presentation skills
- Read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, lease agreements and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from Operations team, Senior Management, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Handle multiple, high priority projects
Back to Results