Marketing Manager - MARCOM provides planning, logistical and administrative support, copy writing, and special project management for the MARCOM, Business-to-Business (B2B) and the Organizational Development teams. In addition to planning, organizing, and scheduling events and media shoots, this position will also play an active role on the American Campus Culture Committee, coordinate ACC attendance and exhibition at conferences, media management, assist in company award submissions, etc. The Marketing Manager - MARCOM will collaborate with the Public Private Partnerships, Investments, Investor Relations, Organizational Development, Property Marketing, and other internal and external departments/agencies as necessary. The Marketing Manager MARCOM must be capable of implementing all responsibilities independently when required or with the support of these groups.
- Providing support for B2B initiatives to include, but not limited to:
- Media shoot (photo/video) coordination
- Providing timely production of advertising and marketing materials including creative direction and copywriting for B2B advertising, and marketing materials.
- Plan and oversee Social Media strategy to highlight B2B events, partnerships, conferences, developments, announcements, etc.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the logistics and communications of major events to include, but not limited to: groundbreaking ceremonies, grand openings, retail openings, top outs, media events, special events, conference coordination, etc.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting award nominations including coordination with internal and external experts, to collect data and metrics for best possible consideration of the award, well written, accurate, and compelling depiction of company events, initiatives, developments, accomplishments, etc., and review by necessary stakeholders prior to submission.
- Is an active member of the Culture Committee including, but not limited to: contributing to committee event/initiative ideas, scheduling, developing communication, coordinating internal/external parties, participating in setup, implementation, tear down etc.
- Coordinate the development of corporate communication materials including brochures, web content and presentations for finance, retail, management departments and others.
Other duties may be assigned
- Work closely with the in-house Creative Team, and other ACC departments to interpret their needs, target audiences and desired end results on projects in order to execute marketing campaigns across all audiences.
- Assist in website updates when assigned.
- Assist in the administration, coordination, and communication of YourCause and other charity platforms.
- Assist in coordination of company podcast, and other digital media materials.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership, and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a social media & digital marketing, copywriting, and/or event planning; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- Event planning.
- Social Media platforms.
- Marketing campaign development and strategy techniques.
- Basics of visual marketing and branding guidelines.
- SEO basics.
- Website management.
- Effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external resources.
- Proofreading copy for spelling, grammar, and layout. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Organization with the ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks and projects at one time.
- Establishing and maintaining customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating large-scale initiatives.
- Project management and prioritization.
- Attention to detail.
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness.
- Motivated self-starter, problem solver and team player with a hands-on approach.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, To-Do, OneNote, Planner, Teams, Outlook and Prezi.
- Think strategically.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain a high level of organization and prioritize tasks.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Must have great creative energy and ability to generate ideas.
- Be autonomous in your approach but collaborative in execution.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Adhere to in-house style and branding guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses general cleaning product and materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job:
The employee is regularly required to:
- to talk/hear.
- stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to:
- sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to:
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Back to Results