We are seeking an Assistant General Manager - Bookkeeper who performs administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the entire operations of an apartment community and may act as the General Manager in their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist with the hiring, training, development, rewards, and termination of administrative staff
- Assist all on-site staff, including Leasing staff, Bookkeeping staff, other administrative staff, and Maintenance staff
- Conduct weekly meetings, walkthroughs, and inspections
- Maintain daily contact with staff
- Develop, implement, and oversee Community Assistant program
- Perform after-hours duties as needed (e.g., attend resident functions, marketing events, etc.)
- Assist with the supervision of all business functions related to operations
- Responsible for overall accuracy of all account receivables including:
- Posting of payments received from all applicants, current tenants and non-current tenants
- Processing and reconciling daily credit card, debit card and ACH transactions
- Preparing and processing daily cash deposits
- Posting of all charges to accounts receivable accounts
- Bill back utilities (where applicable)
- Process significant number of security deposit refunds and move-out charges during the property’s designated move-out for the current lease
- Researching and processing charge backs and returned checks
- Assessing late fees in accordance to the lease terms
- Perform collections tasks on accounts to minimize delinquency including:
- Post rent reminders within the office, around the community and online sources (where applicable)
- Create and deliver delinquent rent notices to residents
- Conduct, answer and follow up on delinquent account collection calls
- Comply with and enforce local and state eviction laws
- Prepare and deliver accounts to 3rdparty collection agencies
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable in compliance with all company accounting policies, rules and regulations through:
- Reconciliation and balancing of all accounts receivable
- Completing end of month closing procedures (AGM - Bookkeeper is not responsible for Journal Entries)
- Conducting financial accounting audits in conjunction with regular lease audits
- Assist with the leasing and marketing efforts of the community to ensure maximum occupancy rates
- Assist with and coordinate information necessary to prepare financial statements, reports, and audits
- Assist with facilities management for property including land, building, and equipment
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business preferred; or 2 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient leadership skills and the ability to work independently required
- Skills in bookkeeping, leasing and marketing, customer service, facility management, supervision, business administration, public relations, residence life, and a combination of business and student development skills
- Knowledge of MRI or Property Management Software
Back to Results