Director title may be available for select qualifications.
The Associate Director Leasing & Marketing is responsible for ensuring that the leasing and marketing needs of assigned communities are met, resulting in maximum occupancy and annual revenue. This is a comprehensive position that will provide corporate support for the marketing and leasing efforts including participating in the strategic marketing process, reviewing marketing medium effectiveness, leasing reports, pricing strategies and new marketing ventures. This position is responsible for maintaining LAMS SOX compliance and providing reports to the Director of Internal Audits. This position works closely with the production team, IT department, Regional Managers and On- Site property staff for all leasing and marketing needs.
- Leasing and Marketing pricing analysis, recommendations and reporting.
- LAMS and SMS Administration and Monitoring including account set-up, maintenance and auditing.
- Training initiatives for LAMS, SMS and Market Survey.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
Leasing and Marketing:
- Assist in the annual marketing plan development, calendar, and HCA analysis.
- Annual pricing and rental rate analysis and recommendations.
- Provide leasing and marketing strategy and advice for on-site staff.
- Prepare reports and analyze all data for the bi-weekly marketing calls.
- Marketing call coordination and follow-up.
- Review and approval of marketing materials as needed.
- Set up, maintenance, and support of Clear Commerce websites and online stores.
- Review and input of all SAMS requests in accordance with SOX compliance terms.
- Provide and compile standard SOX reports.
- Travel to assist and participate in marketing and leasing events and promotions as needed.
- Travel to identify marketing and leasing needs and problems as needed.
- Update general LAMS data when needed for all on and off campus properties
- Set up and maintain all e-funds accounts for all on and off campus properties.
- Set up payment plans as requested by properties and leasing/marketing directors.
- Continual review of the LAMS Checklist for all assigned properties
- Print and Review reports for the monthly LAMS audit.
- Complete as needed: standardization of all LAMS documents including follow-up letters, leases, lease cover letters and renewal addendums
- Monitoring and updating LAMS as each renewal period ends, or specials expire.
- Strategic oversight of SMS homepage task list, calendar, and reports
- Ongoing review of SMS homepage and reports to ensure implementation of tasks
- Analyze effectiveness of marketing campaigns and target markets utilizing the SMS system
- Completion of tickets/tasks assigned via the SMS system
- Assign new tickets to directors as needed.
- Complete LAMS support and payment plan request tickets as needed, checking to ensure accurate rental rate information is loaded.
- Monitor system for aging tickets, trouble shooting and closing.
- Update LAMS User Guide and Sample Report Book when necessary and distribute to all LAMS user
- Sit in and answer questions on all LAMS/MRI integration trainings
- Set up and conduct monthly LAMS and Marketing training topics as needed.
- Set up new LAMS and SMS training for new employees based on the new hire list.
- Market Survey training for new GMs or Market Pros.
- Follow up on leasing and orientation workbooks for all new employees.
- Provide clear commerce/refunds training as needed.
- Assist property staff with renewal marketing plan/calendar and implementation
Complete as needed: phone shops, follow up calls, or emails:
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical and Analytical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Proficiency
- Bachelor degree required; or 4 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in leasing or sales
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Property management software.
- Proficiency in business math.
- Communication skills required when addressing common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Read, analyze, and interpret business/financial reports, and legal documents.
- Write business correspondence and proposals that conform to prescribed style and format of ACC.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
- Define and solve problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Back to Results