We are seeking a part-time Porter whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cleaning of the property’s interior and exterior buildings and grounds by performing the following duties: vacuuming and/or shampooing carpet areas including resident rooms, hallways, and common areas; mopping and cleaning tile areas including resident rooms and common areas; emptying trash in their designated area; cleaning bathrooms including tub, shower, and toilet areas; working in common areas such as the lobby or offices as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor; meeting and maintaining BOSS standards; and being responsible for understanding and following the ACC key policy. The porter may also assist the maintenance team with work orders, moving furniture, and unloading and storing supplies; assist with pool maintenance; and be responsible for pressure washing. You may be required to participate in the on-call rotation including evening and weekends in this position.
The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of general maintenance, make-ready of unit duties (trash out, cleaning & painting), housekeeping and cleaning tasks.
- The ability to understand and carry out written or verbal multi-step instructions
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including understanding and following MSDS rules for handling and use of any chemicals
- The ability to drive a golf cart
- The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Back to Results