The Executive Administrative Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for company management. Company management includes, but is not limited to C-Level Executives, Executive and Senior Management, and various department heads. This list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change at any time. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, the Executive Administrative Assistant performs duties such as booking travel, expense report submission, record keeping, word processing, coordination of meetings and conferences/events, obtaining supplies, working on miscellaneous special projects for all departments, answering non-routine correspondence, assembling information, and dealing with a diverse group of internal/external contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload, recommend changes in office practices, and/or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, conferences, and department activities for all members of the department, internal partners, and external vendors, including, but not limited to airfare, hotel, meals and refreshments, etc.
- Assists with investor relations duties such as issuing press releases, maintaining investor databases, mailing investor packets, etc.
- Assists with the creation, word processing, coordination of approvals and signatures of SEC documents, press releases, proxies, and other company documents.
- Creates and manages all retail files, including vendor and contract information, while assisting in the execution of other retail documents and contracts.
- Compiles quarterly earnings binders and assists with all preparation for quarterly earnings releases and calls.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Deposits all retail tenant checks mailed to corporate office, while delivering any accounting related checks to the appropriate parties.
- Administers and manages SEC codes for executives and Board members.
- Assists with property credit applications, W9 requests, archival of audits, and other important documentation requests.
- Assists the ESG team with projects, contracts, and other tasks as needed.
- Coordinates and follows through on all travel arrangements, including coordinating with other departments as needed.
- Coordinates the pickup and delivery of confidential documents (proxies, earnings reports, etc.) with appropriate vendors.
- Assists in the completion of monthly AMEX reports and personal expense reports to ensure payment/reimbursement in a timely manner.
- Communicates with stock transfer agents including, but not limited to, coordination with brokers for the issuance of ACC stock.
- Manages personal and professional calendars, schedules, and appointments for management.
- Maintains general calendar for departments including audit dates, department birthdays, work anniversaries, meetings, etc.
- Works closely with departments to assist with any preparation, word processing, and editing of various letters and documents.
- Manages phones, voicemails, contacts, and other administrative items for management.
- Assists the Accounts Payable team by mailing weekly property packets. This includes, but is not limited to, printing mailing labels, stuffing packets, scheduling pick-ups, logging tracking numbers and ensuring packets are sent and delivered on time.
- Oversees/prepares and notarizes legal and official documents as needed.
- Schedules, sets up, attends, and distributes notes for any department meetings.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and packages for the department, and prepares any outgoing mail and packages as needed.
- Fills rotation of Receptionist duties, along with other members within the Administrative Assistant team, as needed.
- Works within a team and with other corporate departments on special, recurring, non-recurring and ongoing projects for the company.
- Performs other basic administrative tasks such as phone duty, ordering lunches, inventory/ordering/replacing of office supplies, faxing, filing, information retrieval, making copies, scanning, deliveries between buildings, posting flyers, presentation preparation, etc.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, outside agencies, vendors, properties, etc.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail as requested.
- Works closely with the Director of Board Relations to coordinate travel on the corporate plane when needed, organize events, assist after retention policy, etc.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Must have previous experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Associates’ degree preferred and/or 4 years’ experience in the administrative support capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Power Point and Excel.
- Word processing and editing of documents
- Organization and the ability to efficiently prioritize tasks in a self-sufficient manner.
- Establishing and maintaining customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written with internal and external customers.
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Writing reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at one time.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and Administrative Assistants while maintaining a positive attitude and team-oriented mentality.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results