We are seeking a Construction Manager that provides onsite management for American Campus Communities (ACC) Development projects, overseeing and coordinating all facets from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget. This role will keep the Management team informed on all aspects of the project’s status, mitigate construction risks, and provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement. The Construction Manager acts as the owner’s representative in all site meetings related to construction coordination and turnover of the property. This position requires a self-motivated professional with a deep construction background who can relocate to a project specific location (if not local) and oversee the overall construction scope for the duration of the entire project.
- Manage overall field coordination and construction of ACC development as assigned from initial planning through project completion.
- Assist with the pre-development as requested including, but not limited to: creating budgets and schedules; coordinating with A&E professionals; preparing and managing contracts, purchasing, scheduling; etc.
- Oversee General Contractor, Architect, other Consultants and Testing Agencies to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with local municipality, Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) or University as required.
- Coordinate and attend all project specific Owner-Architect-Contractor (OAC) and other related meetings.
- Monitor construction schedule and proactively identify and mitigate issues that could affect project delivery.
- Track Request for Information (RFI) and Submittal logs to ensure timely flow of information between General Contractor and Consultants.
- Prepare bi-weekly and/or monthly project progress reports.
- Inspect and document work performed onsite daily to ensure compliance with contract documents and ACC project goals and objectives.
- Conduct initial review of monthly pay applications and change orders.
- Be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.
Other duties may be assigned
- Coordinate with Development Manager to review monthly draw and assist with budget updates as needed.
- Coordinate and ensure productive inspection efforts with all required agencies and groups and ensure the documentation of any corrective confirmations as required.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling the delivery and installation of ACC or University provided Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E).
- Maintain and file all project related documentation.
- Build and support relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the organization and across our business partner community.
- Coordinate and facilitate as needed all architect and owner punch and see items through to completion.
- Travel as required for project and/or department meetings and project visits.
- Coordinate with General Contractor, subcontractors and/or vendors as needed to ensure ACC onsite operations staff is well trained with project specific systems and set up for success upon project handoff.
- Ensure strong project closeout and assist onsite operations staff to address warranty items in timely manner as needed.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering and/or Design preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Construction Project Management, Construction Administration or Field Supervision.
Back to Results