American Campus Communities is the nation's largest owner, operator, and manager of premier student housing facilities.Being the largest publicly traded student housing company within the industry, we have a need for creatives who are driven and focused on producing the highest quality of materials regardless of volume or deadline.
This position is responsible for designing property marketing materials in a fast paced productionenvironment where you will be expected to complete 60+ designs per week.
The American Campus culture is comprised of passionate and positive team members, focused on putting students first and supporting our student housing communities, no matter their role within the organization. Enjoy a fun, team-oriented work environment and casual dress code at a large publicly-traded company with competitive benefits.Come pursue growth in your career with an organization committed to job training and a promote-from-within approach your opportunities can be as vast as your ambition!
- Design print ads, e-mail campaigns, online banner ads, outdoor media, brochures, postcards, direct mailers, flyers, logos and other marketing materials.
- Work with existing templates to resize, update copy, change pictures and adjust layout.
- Conceptualize, brainstorm and create new design campaigns.
- Review, verify and analyze information (message, technical specs, etc.) in SMS and apply to design.
- Adhere to existing style manuals, publication guidelines and university branding specifications.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Balance tight deadlines with great design.
- Create template flyers and e-flyers.
- Perform basic pre-print duties (creating print ready/hi-res PDFs).
- Monitor current trends (design and non-design) and concepts as it relates to the college-age market.
- Meet daily deadlines.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To be successful in this position you should have:
- Bachelor degree required in graphic design, communication design or related field, along with basic knowledge of graphic design.
- 2-3 years or more professional graphic design and visual brand management work experience for mid-size to large company is required (This is not an entry level position.)
- Proficiency with Creative Suite with focus on InDesign.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Email and Internet.
- E-mail and web design experience a plus, working HTML knowledge a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written with internal and external customers.
Back to Results