Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Investor Relations and Capital Markets, the Director of Investor Relations will assist with investor relations activities to ensure the company is accurately valued in the marketplace. This includes shareholder, investor and securities analyst outreach relating to the company’s financial and operating performance, capital management and growth strategy.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the investment community, maintaining detailed records of correspondence with the investment community including investors and analysts.
- Create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, investors and other industry professionals.
- Organize conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls, investor meetings and property tours including investors and analysts.
- Implement statistical targeting to identify optimum type and mix of shareholders, and create outreach strategy to market the company to those shareholders.
- Monitor analyst reports and projection models/estimates and summarize them for SVP of Investor Relations and senior management. Communicate misguided estimates back to analysts based on publicly provided guidance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and coordinate with SVP of Investor Relations and senior management regarding the company’s internal development of environmental and social (E&S) initiatives and related disclosure.
- Coordinate with SVP of Investor Relations and senior management to develop an annual corporate, investment and operational strategy that will be communicated to the investment community consistently throughout the year.
- Provide feedback to SVP of Investor Relations and senior management regarding the investment community's perception of the company and the capital allocation strategies being employed.
- Collaborate with SVP of Investor Relations, senior management, accounting and corporate marketing on the completion of SEC filings, primarily the annual report and proxy statement. Monitor the quality of information disclosed compared to peers.
- Coordinate with SVP of Investor Relations and senior management regarding corporate governance program, materials and results of annual shareholder meeting and related material.
- Travel to attend investor, industry and bank conferences and meetings.
- Maintain a peer group comparative analysis, including financial performance and trading metrics that can be reviewed in detail with the senior management team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with investors, analysts and public company vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related degree program.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 in investor relations, finance or planning and development for a public company, preferably a REIT.