The Salesforce Technical Architect will be part of a fast-moving team delivering our next generation applications on the force.com platform. This person will be our Salesforce expert and provide the technical vision and guidance to implement and maintain our enterprise Salesforce solution. Working in an agile environment, this technical architect will work closely with development team leads, team members, and product owners to design, develop, and implement solutions in support of our core business applications.
- Responsible for providing technical vision and guidance with development team to design, develop, and deliver custom Salesforce applications in a Scrum environment.
- Responsible for both architecting and developing business facing Salesforce applications in APEX, VisualForce, and Web Components (Lightning & Aura).
- Lead technical design sessions, mentor Salesforce developers, and solution with product owners.
- Design and develop integrations between applications and other systems as required leveraging varying API technologies (REST/SOAP).
- Technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Experience in designing and developing software components
- End to End implementation experience with the Salesforce platform
- Ability to lead design sessions and communicate design options to business.
- Integration experience using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and Integration/Middleware tools such as Informatica, Jitterbit and MuleSoft
- Knowledge of options and how to handle security requirements such as single sign on and data security
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Octopus
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a solution
- Work as both a technical lead and an individual contributor in close collaboration within a team
- Ability to multi-process and thrive in a fast-paced, customer driven, sometimes unpredictablebut always fun and engaging environment
- Strong understanding of relational databases structure and functionality
- Document technical solutions for development team members
- Work in a matrix environment responsible for the technical implementation of developers across multiple teams
- Serve as development lead of a Scrum team as needed and/or directed.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, another related discipline, or equivalent additional work experience.
- Technical role with demonstrated success in agile environment (3+ years).
- 7+ years of Salesforce development experience with demonstrated implementation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp business process and speak language of customer.
- Demonstrated ability to architect solutions on salesforce platform to solve complex business problems.
- Demonstrated development experience in other programming language(s) (Java preferred).
- Demonstrated experience building workflows and business processes in Salesforce.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Salesforce Platform Developer Certification I & II
- Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Salesforce Technical Architect (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Apex - Triggers, Controllers, Batch, etc.
- Integration (REST/SOAP).
- Development Lifecycle Management.
- Strong background in design/development of custom solutions.
- Technical documentation and best practices.
- Code repositories; continuous build and deployment processes (Team Foundation Services, Team City, Git Hub, Octopus, etc).
- Agile and Kanban environment experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration.
- Resolving technically complex problems utilizing a strong analytical approach and obtaining end-user results.
- Collaboration with others.
- Systematic, detailed, organized approach to work, with a curious, creative approach to challenges.
- Quickly learn new concepts and software.
- To be passionate and humble in approach to work, co-workers, and the organization.
- Have a very high attention to detail.
- Work with end-users and project managers to take projects from conception through a complete. development and production lifecycle.
- Think logically and work both independently and as part of a group.
Back to Results