We are seeking an Assistant General Manager whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in the administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the entire operations of a student housing property and may act as the General Manager in their absence. In this position, you will assist the General Manager with the supervision of all business functions related to operations. You will also conduct weekly meetings, walkthroughs, and inspections, and oversee the Community Assistant program.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A Bachelor degree in business preferred; or 2 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient leadership skills and the ability to work independently required.
- Skills in residence life, facility management, leasing and marketing, budgeting, supervision, business administration, public relations, or a combination of business and student development skills.
Back to Results