As a member of the Solutions Services Team, the Data Architect is responsible for the strategic data modeling, data access and integration methodologies, database design, and data technology stack improvement across the enterprise.
- Work with IT and business teams to deliver and support data solutions that add value to the business.
- Design and improve data aspects of the platform, solutions, and applications.
- Design and implement enterprise data models.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Define and improve standards, best practices, and processes.
- Promote data architecture best practices across the organization.
- Identify KPIs/metrics and work with development, operations, and support teams to instrument, monitor, and report to assess effectiveness.
- Provide hands-on application design and development of data structures.
- Work with leadership to influence the direction of our data technology platform.
- Work with the architecture and development teams to help choose data-related technologies, design architectures, and model data in a manner that is efficient, scalable, and supportable.
- Participate in, and significantly contribute to, corporate architecture reviews.
- Mentor and work with members of IT to develop and support our enterprise data.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Self-motivated personality with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, collaboration and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, another related discipline, or equivalent work experience in the software development field will be considered.
- 10+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products.
- 10+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Recent 2012 and/or 2014 experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with offline data systems including data warehouse and data mart design and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and ETL best practices.
- Offline data stores: data warehouse, data mart, data lake, etc.
- Domain-Driven Design.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Micro-Services Architecture.
- Modeling data for modern systems and distributed application architectures.
- Writing, troubleshooting and optimizing SQL queries.
- Designing and implementing ETLs and data migrations.
- Replicating or otherwise making transactional data available to back-end uses without negatively impacting the transactional systems.
- NoSQL, non-relational data stores including:
- Key/Value pair, document stores, object databases, search indexes, etc.
- MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra, etc.
- Design and architecture of high traffic/high availability systems.
- Big data processing systems, Hadoop, Map-Reduce, etc.
- Quickly learn and apply new concepts, information, techniques and tools.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Work on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced team setting.
- Work in an Agile development environment.
- Work with diverse groups of technical teams and non-technical business teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results