Position oversees all Accounts Payable duties for the company’s portfolio of approximately 200 properties including supervising a team of Accounts Payable staff.
- Supervise and manage department staff, including training, hiring, delegation of duties and evaluations
- Oversee the completion of all accounts payable duties in a timely manner, while working with a large volume of data in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and implement goals, policies, priorities and procedures and effectively communicate to staff
- Proactively make recommendations and lead execution of process simplification, cycle time reduction and other SLA improvements and transaction cost reduction
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Play a key role in the design, testing, and implementation of changes to the organization’s accounts payable related systems
- Ensure excellent customer service for property site-level staff, corporate office staff and external vendors
- Provide reporting on key performance indicators to leadership
- Complete compliance and reporting, including 1099 filings
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and internal department policies and procedures
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular updates to leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Attention to Detail.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of supervisory experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Vendor maintenance
- IRS guidelines on Forms 1099 and 1096
- Microsoft Office
- Accounts payable best practice and current trends
- Accounts payable ERP platform, paperless accounts payable systems, T&E software, and ACH/card payments
- Statutes addressing unclaimed property requirements
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Communicating effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers
- Work with minimum supervision
- Detailed oriented
- Take the initiative to identity and resolve issues
- Clear communication with staff and management
Back to Results