The Legal Services Coordinator will provide administrative and organizational support to the Legal Services team. This position assists in contract documentation and contract administration for various stakeholders at the corporate and property level. The Coordinator will be familiar with standard forms, ensure compliance with internal processes and guidelines, and assist in the preparation of contract draft documents for review by Manager. Independent judgment is required to organize and prioritize evolving duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other members of Legal Services.
- Reviews and familiarizes with a variety of standardized legal forms; demonstrates comprehension of the procedures for selection of a specific form based on scope details and/or stakeholder requirements.
- Assists Legal Services Manager with preparation of contract drafts for FF&E, Renovations, Asset Management, IT, & Development groups.
- Assist in the organization & maintenance of contract forms; resource to stakeholders for information on contract administration and signatory protocols.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares and assembles contract draft documents for review by Legal Services Manager.
- Reviews documentation and records to ensure compliance with contract process and internal guidelines.
- Assists with organization and maintenance of electronic files—including the transfer of physical copies into digital files and secure disposal of all transferred hard copies.
- Demonstrates self-sufficiency in tracking and organizing stakeholder requests in order to meet various deadlines.
- Assists with non-routine tasks and projects in coordination with members of the Legal Services Department.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
- College degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience in contract management, legal services, and/or administrative work; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Back to Results