The Director of Social Media & Inbound Marketing supports the social and email marketing efforts of all American Campus Communities (ACC) properties, as well as the leasing & marketing department. The Director of Social Media is responsible for managing all aspects of social media and inbound marketing necessary to generate exposure, opportunity and leasing traffic and will develop content, goals and strategies to increase audience engagement, and grow brand awareness and affinity across all platforms.
- Create, edit, and publish social media content (paid & organic) that aligns with brand vision, builds meaningful community connections, and encourages authentic engagement.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain, and implement social media calendars.
- Develop and coordinate marketing emails including inception, creation, and measurement.
- Create bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports analyzing social media and email marketing success relative to activity, reach & engagement metrics.
- Provide training on ACC’s Sprinklr platform, applicable social media channels, digital marketing topics, techniques, effectiveness & policies.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Create unique and engaging content, inspire our followers, attract new people to the brand and engage others to speak on behalf of ACC.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns (paid & organic) and content across multiple social media channels in relation to appropriate target markets for ACC properties strategy.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily social media content across platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Work with creative teams to create, edit, and execute high-quality content (photo and video) on social media platforms.
- Monitor, moderate and respond to user comments, messages and reviews.
- Ensure the American Campus voice is authentic, represents the brand, and consistent for all properties on social media.
- Achieve aggressive follower and engagement goals for the properties.
- Identify, recruit and manage influencers to craft quality on-brand content.
- Help plan, budget for, and develop text, image-based and video content; help manage the resources, timelines and budgets necessary to build the content.
- Prepare social media statistical reports on a bi-weekly and as needed basis for marketing meetings.
- Analyze and react to all social media platform statistics and analytics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to continuously grow social media presence.
- Evaluate social media analytics and technologies and make recommendations for new approaches or strategies.
- Conduct periodic competitive audits & implement new/reactive plans as needed.
- Serve as a social media expert, tracking latest development of key social media platforms, tools and trends.
- Act as a social media advocate across the company.
- Manage creative and strategic development of marketing communications with internal and external audiences, including emails, blogs, collateral, white papers, newsletters, marketing presentations, etc.
- Create compelling & actionable content for email creatives & subject lines for A/B and multivariate testing.
- Manage daily production, execution, optimization, and reporting of customer-facing email campaigns (targeting, testing, and optimization) for consumer lead generation efforts.
- Conduct test email campaigns from various email platforms.
- Troubleshoot issues with email layout and inbox deliverability.
- Acquisition and maintenance of email marketing lists.
- Reporting and analysis of email campaign performance with summary of key insights, and offering for future email campaign deployments.
- Travel to properties to assist in leasing & marketing activities as needed.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or advertising preferred; or 2-3 years’ experience in a social media & email marketing position for a mid to large size company; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer satisfaction, for both internal & external customers.
- Experience working with advertised content (boosted, promoted, sponsored posts) and conducting contests via social media is required.
- SMMS experience, Spreadfast, Hootsuite, or Sprinklr preferred.
- HTML manipulation skills preferred.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit past work writing samples, such as press releases, relevant articles or publications, and social media content.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Facebook Blueprint Certification & Twitter Flight School preferred.
- Hootsuite, Spreadfast or Sprinklr Certification preferred.
Back to Results