The Strategic Recruiting Specialist is responsible for strategic talent recruitment and processes for American Campus Communities. The Strategic Recruiting Specialist will collaborate with Organization Development, American Campus Communities (ACC) Hiring Managers, and Human Resources to manage and maintain applicant tracking system, department communications, and ticketing systems. This position is multi-faceted, fast paced, and requires extreme attention to detail.
- Manage the day-to-day applicant tracking system, department communications, and ticketing systems through opening and closing requisitions, respond to candidate and manager inquiries, creation of candidate offer letters, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing online strategic advertising and messaging for the purposes of employer brand exposure and talent acquisition.
- Assist in developing and enhancing the process in which applicants are recruited, interviewed and hired, including but not limited to: developing marketing materials and strategy, content for recruiting materials, social media, and video.
- Manage overall paid advertising for open positions, this includes but is not limited to: opening and tracking paid advertising, generating summary reports on a quarterly and annual basis, vendor management, tracking invoices, etc.
- Perform data analyses to identify trends and make appropriate recommendations to correct and improve talent acquisition and performance.
- Oversee the scheduling, communication, and implementation of new hire on-boarding processes.
- Maintain regular communication with Employee Development Specialists and hiring managers concerning support and administration of open positions and available talent.
- Collaborate with various ACC properties/departments to execute strategic recruiting initiatives, including but not limited to career fairs, job fairs, trainings, employee development and retention, etc.
- Organize, and facilitate all aspects of career fair participation and attendance with appropriate staff and universities to generate qualified applicants while promoting the American Campus brand.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop cost effective, efficient, and innovative solutions to advertise open positions and attract talent.
- Draft and/or edit written materials and correspondence for internal and external distribution to attract top talent.
- Assist in developing a pipeline of candidates by researching and networking with community services, universities/colleges, employment agencies, external recruiters, recruiting sites and employees.
- Develop recommendations for the strategic recruiting process executed by the team in addition to but not limited to job posting optimization, sourcing, job board procurement, recruitment planning, etc.
- Oversee scheduling and implementation of training ACC employees on the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Assist in developing and enhancing the strategic processes in which applicants are recruited, interviewed, and hired.
- Maintain updated job descriptions, field mapping, and offer letters within applicant tracking system.
- Oversee career fair inventory and supplies.
- Perform initial screening of candidates and refer qualified applicants to the hiring manager to schedule an interview as needed and/or requested.
- May oversee a designated recruiting portfolio and/or specific requisitions for talent acquisition, identification, and placement within organization as needed and/or requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree and/or 3+ years of student/multi-family housing and/or recruiting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current recruiting trends and best-in-class recruiting practices.
- All full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: candidate experience, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, job analysis, compensation/salary trends and relationship management.
- Microsoft office programs proficiently (including, but not limited, to Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional administrative/organizational skills.
- Self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stress.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Execute administrative processes with an extreme attention to detail in a timely manner.
- Work with various departments, outside vendors, and partners to accomplish and enhance the Recruiting Program.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to analyze resumes and applicants as needed for effective recruitment and hiring recommendations.
Back to Results