As a full-time Porter, you will be responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior buildings and grounds at a student housing community. As an important part of our Maintenance Team, you will be a key part of making sure our community is clean and well maintained for our residents and visitors.
This position is entry level but can lead to a promotion into other roles on our Maintenance Team. We are committed to teaching and growing our employees skills from day one!
We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work. A strong Maintenance Team is critical to giving our residents the best in their home experience.
A Typical Day as a Porter:
- Cleaning the interior and exterior building and grounds. This includes, but is not limited to: groundskeeping, vacuuming, mopping, pool/spa maintenance (if applicable), window cleaning, emptying community trash to appropriate collection bins, snow/ice removal (if applicable), etc.
- Assisting with resident and community work orders for general labor, cleaning, and repair. This may include, but is not limited to: pressure washing, replacing air filters, general cleaning, touch painting, caulking, replacing smoke detector batteries, replacing blinds, light bulbs/fixtured, etc.
- Assisting with apartment make-ready duties including, but not limited to: trash outs, cleaning, painting, furniture moving, light bulb replacement, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and complete training as assigned.
- You may be required to participate in an On-Call rotation with other Maintenance Team Members for emergency work orders and/or lockouts.
Your background and experience needed to excel in this role should include:
- 3-6 months related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of general labor, housekeeping, and cleaning tasks.
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to drive a golf cart.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including understanding and following Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) rules for handling and use of any chemicals.
- The ability to understand and carry out written or verbal multi-step instructions
We are passionate about our work and building community.
Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership, and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
Back to Results