The Community Events Manager is responsible for the planning, organization, and implementation of memorable community-wide events focused on creating an enhanced living experience for our residents. The Community Events Manager will collaborate with our operations team and associated program partners to coordinate high quality, well executed opportunities for resident engagement with fellow residents, staff, and associated program partners.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Develop creative ideas for high quality community events that are designed to encourage resident-to-resident interaction, resident-to-staff interaction, and/or resident-to-associated program partners in meaningful and memorable ways.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive events calendar as outlined and directed by the Regional Vice President and/or General Manager(s) including important task completion/delivery dates for the various events scheduled on the calendar.
- For all events, create and consistently manage/update an event specific “Task List” that outlines all necessary items for completion need to effectively delivery a high quality, well organized event.
- Create and implement effective marketing campaigns and communication to residents to ensure strong attendance of community events (collaborating with associated program partners when necessary).
- Effectively communicate and work with necessary on-site managers to schedule staff and set expectations for that staff in the planning and implementation of all planned events.
- Effectively manage all day-of event details such as location and location set-up, equipment, food/beverage, necessary supplies, and décor as needed.
- Assist in the creation, review, and management of event related budget to ensure efficiency and optimization of funds as a whole and for each individual event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Create and maintain an organized list of associated vendors and current contact information.
- Manage and negotiate all event related vendor contracts to ensure cost effectiveness, accuracy, appropriate contract dates, and all supporting documentation as outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Assists in training and developing other community staff in the area of event preparation, management, set-up, and tear down.
- Work closely with appropriate corporate support departments to ensure compliance with all insurance requirements and safety related measures.
- Ensure customer service and engagement is a primary tenant of all development, planning, and implementation of all event related interactions with residents, associated partners, and fellow staff.
- Regularly review effectiveness of organization and execution of events after the fact for opportunities to improve the future quality of events in development and implementation and resident satisfaction.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
- Performs after hours duties as needed (i.e. resident events, associated partner events, etc.)
- Deliver unparalleled customer service to residents, and associated partners.
- Serves as an ACC representative and liaison in all interactions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
- Results Driven.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree; and/or at least 4 years’ experience in the event coordinating and/or student housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office.
- Strategic Marketing.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Communicating effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Customer service.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to be a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Back to Results