This position is responsible for assisting with the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. Position reports to the VP Corporate Controller.
- Responsible of the preparation and review of public filings including 10-Q’s, the annual 10-K, 8-K’s and other public filings such as the quarterly earnings release and supplemental analyst package.
- Directly supervise assigned financial reporting team.
- Actively mentor accounting team with a strong focus on staff development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist in generation of internal financial reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Prepare and review consolidated financial statements including statement of cash flows, balance sheet, income statement and funds from operations.
- Help oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the formulation and maintenance of sound internal controls and policies over assets and financial records.
- Coordinate and arranges all external audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status.
- Support Corporate Controller in engaging the board’s audit committee around issues and trends in financial statements and operations.
- Assists Corporate Controller in preparation of budgets or forecasts, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies as a result of the company being a public traded REIT.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Utilize accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Assist financial operations personnel and other company departments with questions and information requests as needed.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
- Bachelor's degree (B.B.A.) in Accounting
- 3-5 years related professional experience
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable and general ledger
- Active CPA license
Back to Results