Risk Management activities include the identification, evaluation, control and funding of ACC’s exposures to fortuitous/accidental events that arise out of the Company’s assets, operations, products and services and could: (a) damage or destroy ACC property; (b) interrupt the conduct of the Company’s business; (c) injure the public, ACC customers or its employees’ or (d) subject the Company and its employees’ to legal liability. Specific responsibilities include directing and managing the development, implementation and effective utilization of information systems and process; managing and documenting program details and costs; coordination and support of various casualty related activities including but not limited to claims, loss control, coordination of audits.
- Administer corporate risk management procedures, policies, records, practices, and controls for ACC and its clients.
- Provide analysis to VP of Risk Management regarding ACC and Clients risk management and insurance needs. This includes, but is not limited to, general liability, property, directors & officers liability, employment practices liability, workers compensation, automobile liability, builders’ risk, et al.
- Gather data and complete new/renewal applications within required timeframes.
- Review quotes and policies to ensure they are consistent with specifications submitted.
- Review insurance contracts/documents for accuracy.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Calculate premium allocations, premium estimates, and policy audits.
- Ensure necessary insurance documents are received and are available, such as binders, certificates of insurance, policies, et al.
- Serve as liaison to attorneys, insurance companies, and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in losses.
- Submit proper and timely notification of claims information to insurance companies.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and timely resolutions.
- Draft Release and Settlement Agreements and Safety Notices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team Player
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Detail Oriented
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and 10 years of practical work experience in a Risk Management, insurance company or property/casualty insurance brokerage environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating and people management skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Math
- PC Literate – Microsoft Office Products
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills
- Customer Service
- Respond to common inquiries from members of management and external customers.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining an intense level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
Certificates and Licenses:
Back to Results