We are seeking a temporary full-time Facilities Custodian that will be responsible for cleaning American Campus Communities (ACC) buildings and grounds to ensure the facility is clean and sanitized in accordance with ACC policies and procedures to support the achievement of the property’s business goals and objectives.
This is an entry-level position that consists of cleaning designated areas by performing the following duties: vacuuming, mopping, cleaning restrooms, refilling necessary utilities, picking up and emptying trash, and meeting and maintaining BOSS standards. You may also assist with pool maintenance and general repairs as directed by the Maintenance Manager, moving furniture, lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs. and pressure washing. Scheduled shifts which may include evenings, weekdays, and/or weekends.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A minimum of 3-6 months of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of general maintenance, make-ready of unit duties (trash out, cleaning & painting), housekeeping and cleaning tasks.
- The ability to understand and carry out written or verbal multi-step instructions
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including understanding and following MSDS rules for handling and use of any chemicals
- The ability to drive a golf cart
- The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
Back to Results