American Campus is seeking a Product Owner (PO) who will be the primary interface between stakeholders and the development team. The PO takes high level requirements, vision, and strategy, and breaks down into detailed business requirements for the development team to implement. The PO manages priorities, handles conflicts, clarifies ambiguities, and makes decisions during the execution of specific initiatives in such a way that development is efficient and stakeholders are satisfied with the results.
- Engage with product managers, UX team, internal stakeholders and product engineering.
- Manage and organize multiple product backlogs to maximize value and business success.
- Work closely with product managers and other members in the Product Management organization to translate strategy into specific work items.
- Maximize development team efficiency by providing clear steps in feature development.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Subject matter expert for the product area.
- Participate in planning, daily scrum meetings, and grooming with development team.
- Provide advice, clarification, and guidance to the engineering team during the execution phase.
- Communicate directly with customers to obtain feature requests, feedback and possible troubleshooting.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following knowledge/experience:
- 3+ years of product owner/management experience
- BA/BS degree in Business or Computer Science related field
- Education in Agile software development process and the technical understanding deep enough to converse with developers
- Marketing background or experience with systems/applications used by the marketing team
- Knowledge of change management, process documentation and testing tools
- Knowledge of JIRA, other Atlassian Products, and marketing tools such as Kentico, Google Analytics, Social Media and others
- Organizational skills, technical capacity, attention to detail and communication proficiency
- Strong communication abilities; business analysis skills with a track record of working closely with business groups; group facilitation, organization and time management skills; and attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to build solid working relationships cross-functionally and across other projects
- The ability to support the development team to maximize efficiency and productivity, and provide leadership to overcome challenges when they arise; manage people, regulations, systems and procedures; and translate strategy into tactical plans
Back to Results