The Product Owner (PO) is the primary interface between stakeholders and the development team. The PO takes high level requirements, vision, and strategy, and breaks down into detailed business requirements for the development team to implement. The PO manages priorities, handles conflicts, clarifies ambiguities, and makes decisions during the execution of specific initiatives in such a way that development is efficient and stakeholders are satisfied with the results.
- Engage with product managers, UX team, internal stakeholders and product engineering.
- Manage and organize multiple product backlogs to maximize value and business success.
- Work closely with product managers and other members in the Product Management organization to translate strategy into specific work items.
- Maximize development team efficiency by providing clear steps in feature development.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Subject matter expert for the product area.
- Participate in planning, daily scrum meetings, and grooming with development team.
- Provide advice, clarification, and guidance to the engineering team during the execution phase.
- Communicate directly with customers to obtain feature requests, feedback and possible troubleshooting.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Attention to Detail.
- Communication Proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Change management, process documentation and testing tools.
- Systems and business processes in use for the relevant business areas.
- JIRA and other Atlassian Products.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong business analysis skills with a track record of working closely with business groups.
- Group facilitation, organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Building solid working relationships cross-functionally and across other projects.
- Technical understanding deep enough to converse with developers.
- Exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Read, understand and communicate technical documentation.
- Be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
- Translate strategy into tactical plans.
- Prioritize, manage competing priorities, and make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Facilitate in requirements gathering sessions.
- Support the development team to maximize efficiency and productivity, and provide leadership to overcome challenges when they arise.
- Manage people, regulations, systems and procedure.
- 3+ years of product owner/management experience.
- BA/BS degree in Business or Computer Science related field.
- Agile software development process.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may vary based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results