The Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) drives Agile (SCRUM, Kanban) requirements, as a Product Owner, for our Business Intelligence, Datawarehouse, and Reporting platforms. This candidate will be responsible for engaging with business and technology partners to convert their data needs and analysis ideas into development user stories. Equally as an analyst, this role, develops, produces, and disseminates a broad range of operational MIS and business data analysis that will support the evolution of a performance metric driven company culture.
- Query and analyze databases using T-SQL
- Perform data validation, troubleshooting, data analysis, and recommendations for both broad and defined business needs.
- Provide data in a visual representation tool such as MS PowerBI, MS PowerView, IBM Cognos, etc.
- Manage and organize multiple product backlogs to maximize value and business outcomes, including eliciting feature requests and feedback.
- Participate in planning, daily scrum meetings, and grooming with development team.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Participate with product managers, BI development team, internal stakeholders and product support and engineering.
- Provide advice, clarification, and guidance to the team during product execution and introduction.
- Provide clear and concise User Stories and User Acceptance Criteria for development and quality assurance.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At American Campus Communities - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Translate business strategy into tactical development plans.
- Prioritize competing priorities, estimate efforts, and make decisions in ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Experience with requirements gathering and User Acceptance Testing sessions with multiple business teams and documenting feedback to improve the overall results of the solutions.
- Experience with one or more variety of Business Intelligence and visualization tools and platforms (IE. Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, SAS, Tableau, etc…), including implementation, and use.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices and proficient in T-SQL for both analysis and validation.
- Knowledge of data warehouse analysis and design, methodologies, and data modeling.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve technically complex problems and obtain end-user results.
- Familiar with Project Management, Change Control, Incident Management, IT Controls/Audits (Sarbanes-Oxley) and System Development Lifecycles in an Agile environment.
- Systematic, detailed, organized approach to work, with a curious, creative approach to challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Technical Capacity.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- 1+ year experience developing BI solutions with one or more of the market leading tools (e.g. IBM Cognos, Business Objects, MS SSRS/SSAS).
- 2+ product owner/management experience.
- 5+ years of progressive IT experience.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Business Administration, or related technical field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of change management, process documentation and testing tools.
- Broad knowledge of systems and business processes in use for the relevant business areas.
- JIRA and other Atlassian Products.
- Good understanding of and experience with people management, regulations, systems and procedures.
- Strong business analysis skills with a track record of working closely with business groups.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Soft skills and ability to build good working relationships cross-functionally and across other projects.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal oversight of manager.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results