We are seeking a Resident Manager (RM) who is responsible for the individual and collective development of all students at a student housing community and assists with marketing with leasing initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities(other duties may be assigned):
Staff Recruitment, Management, & Development:
- Assists the Assistant General Manager in the supervision of the Community Assistant staff at assigned properties to include: office and on-call scheduling, weekly staff meetings, bi-weekly 1:1 meetings and assessments as outlined by corporate
- Available for after-hour resident and marketing events and university/student functions
Community Development and Management:
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills consistent with American Campus values by placing customer needs, requests and follow-up as a number one priority
- Ensures Community Assistant staff is effectively scheduling and implementing resident events that enhance residents personal growth, a healthy lifestyle and academic success at assigned properties
- Oversees overall lease policy enforcement including resident misconduct follow-up and management in conjunction with the Assistant General Manager, General Manager and/or Area Manager
- Ensures community newsletters are completed and distributed in a timely manner at assigned properties
- Works with the Leasing Manager(s) in assigning of rooms, matching roommates and minimizing changes at assigned properties
- Available for after-hours on-call response
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and ourcommunities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core ofAmericanCampusculture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as anAmericanCampusrepresentative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 years experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in residence life, student development, wellness programming, events planning and crisis prevention and intervention
Back to Results