We are seeking a Facilities Operations Assistant who is responsible for assisting the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Maintenance Manager in the coordination of the maintenance, repair, curb appeal, and unit turnover operations for the property. You will be coordinating management of customer service and follow up as related to maintenance operations, and assisting in coordinating and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations to ensure the highest quality product and service and to maximize the profitability of the operation.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Monitors and utilizes work order systems; ensures reception of and response to all work orders by maintenance staff; ensures work order communication and follow-through and assists in all resident requests and complaints
- Tracks response times and assists in ensuring standards for such are met for all routine, emergency and preventative maintenance requests
- Assists GM and Maintenance Manager in the planning, preparation and implementation of successful turnover processes
- Compiles resident damage charges during the year and during turn processes, assures accuracy and assists with applying charges to resident accounts
Essential Duties(other duties may be assigned):
- Provides excellent customer service to all members of the community, as well as American Campus Communities (ACC) staff
- Maintains all required records and documentation; maintains accurate and thorough documentation of all administrative related facilities processes; completes daily maintenance department paperwork in a timely manner
- Schedules apartment entries, including 24-hour notices for inspections, preventative maintenance, etc.; delivers both electronic and hard copy notices to residents
- Responds to and investigates contested resident charges, reporting back to the GM with documentation
- Responsible for understanding and following the ACC key policy
- Ensure security and confidentiality of property information
- Acts as dispatcher for maintenance techs in the field when needed
- Assists Maintenance Manager with maintaining facilities plans, audits and generated work orders to complete required preventative maintenance tasks
- Assists in maintaining sufficient supplies, materials and equipment for departmental operations, while maintaining inventory levels and cost control
- Assists in placing orders; receives and verifies shipments of supplies and other departmental items based on quality, quantity and price
- Assists with guest and resident data entry as needed
- Assists with resident accounts receivable processes to include but not limited to, data entry, audits and resident follow-up as needed
- Completes projects and assignments given by the Maintenance Manager and General Manager
- Attends property staff meetings as requested
- Responds to ACC corporate staff communications
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
- A minimum of two years of administrative experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Strong administrative and customer service skills
Back to Results