This position will be an Austin TX "in office" based position. The Human Resources Coordinator assists the Human Resources Department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures. In addition to filing and scheduling background/drug screening, performs duties such as record keeping and working on special projects. Works with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize workload.
- Performs HRIS (ADP) data entry, personnel/benefits file creation and maintenance both electronic and hard copy versions (including but not limited to new hires, terminations and routine changes).
- Monitor, sort, Track and follow up with Managers to ensure new hire paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for entering and processing background/drug screens.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that the documentation is current.
- Provides employees and supervisors basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures including benefits inquires.
- Responsible for monitoring HR Support Email and Hotline, including appropriately responding to inquiries sent to HR Support email and phone line throughout the day.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Assist with the benefits administration including annual enrollment, processing invoices, distribution of annual employee notices as required and assisting with benefits reporting requirements.
- Creates and maintains various reports as assigned, including providing assistance with annual compliance reporting.
- Routing incoming faxes, as needed.
- Sorts and distributes mail, as needed.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information. Organizes, prioritizes and is directly responsible for processing large volumes of employee information.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
Back to Results