The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for the optimization, implementation, and analysis of all digital marketing channels at American Campus Communities and is based in Austin, Texas. The Digital Marketing Specialist will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing Operations and will collaborate with the Leasing Department, MARCOM, IT, and other internal and external departments/agencies as necessary. The ideal candidate must be capable of implementing all responsibilities independently when required or with the support of these groups.
- Develop, maintain, and continually optimize SEO strategies, keyword strategies, and data mining to ensure strong rankings amongst top search engines.
- Manage daily execution of paid digital marketing efforts including; build out, optimization, testing, budget and analysis/research across paid search, paid social media, display, retargeting and mobile advertising.
- Audit, develop, and analyze SEO and SEM performance and strategies via site and search traffic analysis reporting.
- Analyze and interpret company web metrics and analytics to identify trends and areas of focus in online traffic metrics, traffic sources, geographic markers, device usage, browser usage, etc.
- Utilize content management system to update and maintain company websites.
- Strategic research and troubleshooting related to other digital and social media accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, YouTube, Google +, Linked In, and Wikipedia as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maximize online exposure through both organic and paid search.
- Create and implement external and internal content strategies.
- Execute tagged online campaign tracking.
- Evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Create and present weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on web traffic.
- Collaborate with external vendors to compile and analyze analytics for externally hosted websites/applications.
- Customize website content with HTML and CSS as needed.
- Edit digital content as needed, including: image sourcing, proofreading for quality and accuracy, and adherence to style guidelines and technical specifications.
- Interact with internal and external copywriters to optimize copy and landing pages to align with SEO strategy.
- Work with internal teams to resolve web-related issues and optimize user experience.
- Participate in the development, QA, and UAT process for company websites and marketing systems enhancements as a business stakeholder.
- Provide training on online marketing activities, techniques, analytics, effectiveness and policies.
- Evaluate and study changing and emerging technologies in all channels related to this position.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience across multiple channels and tools for a mid to large sized company.
- A proven track record of successfully strategizing, executing and analyzing online programs across multiple domains and accounts that drive traffic through traditional, online and social marketing mediums.
- Strong background in online display and PPC advertising, search engine marketing, and social media marketing.
- Experience managing and monitoring performance and effectiveness of online marketing tactics such as SEM, SEO, Other Paid Advertising, Email Marketing and Social Media.
- Experience working in and a strong understanding of the following tools: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Moz, Google Tag Manager, Google Business Listings, Google Webmaster Tools, and other industry leading web reporting products and keyword research tools.
- Content Management System experience. Kentico experience preferred but not required.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical aspects of SEM and SEO algorithms and metrics.
- Proven knowledge of SEM and SEO as well as working knowledge of current and emerging best practices, trends, technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including advanced skill in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Must be persuasive and articulate in presenting complex data and concepts to groups at all levels of the organization.
- Motivated self-starter that demonstrates a high degree of initiative.
- Process-oriented with high attention to detail and organization.
- Work in fast-paced team environment with flexibility to accommodate demanding project schedules and deadlines while managing multiple priorities, across multiple accounts and platforms.
- Work efficiently across multiple accounts using several tools.
- Work autonomously as the subject matter expert.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills with the ability to consistently demonstrate a positive and collaborative approach.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Google AdWords Certified (GAP) professional preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment in Austin, Texas. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results