We are seeking a Mail Clerk who oversees the mailroom operations and provides customer service to the residents. The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Attend all staff meetings, in-services, and training sessions.
- Inventory all Mailroom supplies.
- Request supply orders in a timely manner to appropriate personnel.
- Distribute and collect notices, reports, and forms as directed.
- Distribute all incoming mail in a timely manner.
- Keep a record of all registered mail and hold it in the Mailroom until it is claimed and signed for by the resident.
- Keep a record of all packages and hold them in the Mailroom until they are claimed and signed for by the resident
- Forward mail as appropriate.
- Monitor and document all damaged and tampered mail.
- Comply with all State and Federal guidelines related to mail handling safety.
- Actively seek to improve Mailroom operations.
Customer Service Procedures
- Understand, communicate, enforce, and follow property policies.
- Assist in resolving conflicts and respond to inappropriate behavior.
- Foster a positive, cooperative and comfortable environment for residents.
- Maintain high standards in behavior and attitude.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A High School diploma preferred; Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications
Back to Results