We are seeking an Area Leasing and Marketing Manager who is responsible for assisting in coordinating and supervising the activities of the leasing and marketing for an individual market or multiple markets to ensure maximum possible occupancy.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Develops procedures to effectively lease units, parking and meal plans.
- Ensures that leasing staff places customer needs, requests and follow-up as a number one priority.
- Ensures the regular completion of market surveys, including university and local marketing condition.
- Performs after hours duties as needed (i.e. attend student functions, PR events, weekend rotations, etc.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversees accountabilities and ensures all accountabilities are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition.
- Responsible for the leasing of all beds, parking spaces and meal plans to budgeted number.
- Oversees Leasing and Community Assistant staff on all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms and any follow-up necessary.
- Responsible to assign staff to satellite leasing locations as needed for optimal leasing coverage.
- Ensures compliance of local and city ordinances related to rates, fees, and fair housing.
- Assists in design and coordination of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarking campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Ensures all functions necessary to maximize revenue during the summer, including leasing all space, coordinating with other departments are achieved.
- Develops and implements procedures and policies to retain residents while maintaining revenue.
- Oversees room assignments and ensures minimal changes.
- Assists in completing all ACC reporting including weekly leasing summary reports.
- Assists in On-Campus marketing (as allowed in the market).
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
- Assists in Supervising the leasing staff, including hiring, training, development, evaluation, rewards, and termination.
- Develops and implements corrective action plans as necessary.
- Maintains daily contact with staff and organizes staff meetings as needed.
Administration of Leasing Operations
- Gathers and/or compiles information for required reports.
- Ensures all necessary paperwork for move-in, check-out, and other peak periods is completed.
- Ensures all paperwork associated with generating a lease is processed in a timely fashion.
- Oversees and assists in corporate projects as requested.
- Communicate all midyear leases to maintenance team and management team.
- Maximizes revenue along with maximizing occupancy.
- Responsible for marketing budget for the assigned market.
- Addresses issues related to accounts receivable payments as needed.
- Bachelor degree preferred; or 2 years’ experience in leasing and sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.
Back to Results