Project Coordinator - Development and Property Integration | Austin, Texas
The Project Coordinator – Development & Property Integration manages all milestone schedules and budgets for Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) for new development and renovation property models, facilitates and manages all leasing space coordination with an emphasis on FF&E procurement, coordination, and installation, and travels frequently to property sites to execute full model installations. This position serves as the primary American Campus Communities contact for all national partners, serves as the internal liaison for marketing needs, and assists in day-to-day vendor management. The role works collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project completions and requires extensive travel (<50%).
- Manage and coordinate FFE budgets and install schedules with all necessary parties for new development and renovation projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day vendor management of various asset management initiatives to include, but not limited to: account creation; document analysis; property and new development implementation/transition; contract administration; etc.
- Work directly with vendors, properties, universities, and internal corporate departments to coordinate Construction Management projects as needed.
- Assist with model inventory for both new development and renovation property models to include, but not limited to: planning, ordering and purchasing property furniture and supplies, the inspection and quality control of furniture purchased/delivered, troubleshooting/coordinating the replacement of defective items, etc.
- Travel to property site and execute full model installation to include, but not limited to: unpackaging furniture and supplies, assembling furniture, hanging décor, decorating living spaces, photographing final product, etc.
- Record, track and maintain the Model Tracking Spreadsheet and perform audits of all property model information to include, but not limited to: model completion dates, budgets, decorators, model pictures, etc.
- Assist with coordinating renderings, departmental checklists, and seeking project information for a successful turnaround of various marketing materials required for new developments.
- Complete expense reports with accuracy for all CapEx model updates, and code and process all renovation and construction invoices.
- Record, track and maintain the Renovation Budget Spreadsheet to maintain control of expenditures.
- Provide support to the Construction Management department by managing or completing special projects and other assigned duties.
Other duties may be assigned
- Maintain physical and electronic project files for active projects and vendors to include, but not limited to: insurance verification, purchase orders, project photography, etc.
- Assist in managing the approval process for invoices, agreements, addendums, etc. to include, but not limited to: reviewing, submitting, approving, executing, documenting, etc.
- Assist with client requests and queries while ensuring a positive and professional client service experience.
- Maintain company development standards and specification, including implementing lessons learned and updating products and materials as needed or approved.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the procurement of furniture, fixtures, and equipment and with interior and exterior signage for residential real estate.
- Architectural plans.
- Purchasing and vendor relationships.
- Lead times, budget adherence, finish selection & furniture specification.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Power Point, Word, Email, and Internet.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration.
- Project and time management.
- Systematic, detailed, organized approach to work, with a curious, creative approach to challenges.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Think strategically.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a high level of organization and prioritize tasks.
- Think logically and work both independently and as part of a group.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.