You’re going to love it here. That’s a promise we make to both our residents and our employees. At Canadian Campus Communities we are passionate about creating rewarding careers for our team members. As a Maintenance Technician you’ll find a hardworking, motivating culture with unlimited potential for contribution and growth.
As a full-time Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for preserving the condition and functionality of a student housing community. The successful candidate will prepare apartments for new residents to move into and provide excellent customer service while performing general maintenance work orders in their homes.
We’re looking for a professional who can take initiative! Here’s what your typical day may look like:
- Complete interior and exterior work orders including, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall repair, painting, appliances and make readies.
- Preventative apartment maintenance and general repairs of the buildings’ exterior and interior systems
- Assist with maintaining swimming pool and spa, snow/ice removal, removing debris from the grounds, moving furniture, and unloading/storing supplies
- Responsible for being On-Call for emergency work orders and lock-outs
- Assist in completing Monthly Facilities Plan tasks and Basic Operating Systems & Standards to meet our goal of a clean, well maintained community
- Attend employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars
- Report any observed violations of property rules and regulations to Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and/or General Manager
Canadian Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of Canadian Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of garbage. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up garbage because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as a Canadian Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
Your background and experience needed to excel in this role should include:
- A High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of building maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC and appliance repair experience
- The ability to operate various types of tools and equipment safely and lift various items up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to understand and follow all safety protocols including understanding MSDS on use of chemicals
CCC is now hiring, and we’re committed to creating rewarding careers for our team members from day one!
Back to Results