The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the Development team. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as booking travel, expense report submission, record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences/events, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles information. Deals with a diverse group of internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Assists in the completion of monthly AMEX reports and personal expense reports for departmental and select corporate employees to ensure payment/reimbursement in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and follows through on all travel arrangements for departmental and select corporate employees, including coordinating with other departments as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, conferences and department activities for all members of the department, including coordination of meals and refreshments as needed.
- Assists with the planning, coordination and scheduling of meetings with internal and external partners/vendors, including coordination of meals and refreshments as needed.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists the Accounts Payable team by mailing weekly property packets. This includes, but is not limited to, printing mailing labels, stuffing packets, scheduling pick-ups, logging tracking numbers and ensuring packets are sent and delivered on time.
- Assists with the organization and printing of departmental quarterly reports.
- Coordinates all aspects of departmental off-site meetings and events.
- Schedules, sets up, attends, and distributes notes for any department meetings.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and packages for the department, and prepares any outgoing mail and packages as needed.
- Fills rotation of Receptionist duties, and other members within the Administrative Assistant team, as needed.
- Works within a team and with other corporate departments on special, recurring, nonrecurring and ongoing projects for the company.
- Performs other basic administrative tasks such as calendar management, phone duty, ordering lunches, ordering and replacing office supplies as needed. etc.
- Maintains and updates the filing system for the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Completes scanning, copying and faxing for the department.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, outside agencies, vendors, properties, etc.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail as requested. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Associates’ degree preferred and/or 4 years’ experience in the executive administrative support capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Email and Internet.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Power Point
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Organized with the ability to efficiently prioritize tasks in a self-sufficient manner.
- Establishing and maintaining customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written with internal and external customers. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Writing reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and coworkers.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Back to Results