We are seeking a Manager, Corporate Forecasting and Analysis who will be responsible for all aspects of the corporate budgeting and forecasting process, including preparing the initial annual corporate budget as well as additional reforecasts throughout the year. The position is also responsible for preparing strategic analyses to assist executive management in evaluating the corporate budget and related expenses.Critical Duties:
- Manage all aspects of configuring the Cognos system to automate the corporate budget and reforecasting process, including preparing implementation timelines, gathering requirements from executive management, managing consultants, and ensuring the system is set up in the most efficient and strategic way to accomplish the goals outlined by executive management.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel in conjunction with Cognos to prepare the initial annual corporate budget and additional periodic reforecasts throughout the year.
- Prepare strategic forecasts and analyses as requested by executive management.
- Assist in providing compensation related data for on-going accounting related functions as well as variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and departmental policies and procedures related to the Corporate Budgeting and Forecasting processes.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
To be successful in this position you should have the following education/experience:
- Keep management updated as to the status of the various initiatives and ability to meet deadlines established by executive management.
- Ensure all files and analyses are prepared in a clear and efficient manner so that management can interpret the analysis and easily determine the source of information when reviewing.
- Respond to questions as needed from executives and other management in a clear and timely manner.
- Provide other support to executive management by managing or completing special projects and other periodically assigned duties.
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simplify processes, and to ensure that work is completed accurately and timely.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC – we are all groundskeepers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Active CPA license preferred
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with budgeting/forecasting or similar duties
- Skills in multi-tasking; time management; communication proficiency (verbal, writing, and spreadsheet/analysis preparation); organization and collaboration
- Deadline oriented, analytical skills, attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and ethical conduct
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (minimum expert-level skills), MS Office software, budgeting/forecasting software such as Cognos and accounting software
- Knowledge of report writing and development with Budgeting/Forecasting software
- Ability to work independently; make decisions effectively and coordinate projects independently; think strategically and be proactive about identifying and solving problems; and maintain confidentiality and professionalism with regards to sensitive compensation data
Back to Results