The Area Leasing Coordinator is responsible for the primary objective of leasing all available residential space throughout the year.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Supervise and train leasing staff.
- Schedule and successfully implement monthly residence life event calendar.
- Coordinate with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to develop marketing plan.
- Audit lease files weekly for correct and accurate paperwork.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommends and implements corrective action on service, presentation, organization, and productivity.
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition.
- Adheres to standards and complies with: corporate procedures, government laws on Fair Housing, and all inspections of the facility.
- Generates traffic of prospective customers by utilizing advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Assists with the design of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Conducts all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary.
- Regularly completes market surveys, including university and local marketing conditions.
- Conducts all functions necessary to maximize revenue during the summer, including leasing all space, coordinating with other departments, etc.
- Performs after hours duties as needed (i.e., attend student functions, PR events, etc.).
- Assists with the development and implementation of ideas to retain residents.
- Coordinates assigning of rooms, matching roommates, minimizing changes.
- Places customer needs, requests, and follow-up as a number one priority.
- Assists the General Manager and/or Leasing Manager with the supervision of the leasing staff, including training, development, evaluation, and rewards.
- Maintains daily contact with staff and attends meetings as appropriate.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
Administration of Leasing Operations
- Gathers and/or compiles information for requested reports.
- Completes all necessary paperwork for move-in, check-out, and other peak periods.
- Processes all paperwork associated with generating a lease in a timely fashion.
- Assists in corporate projects as requested.
- Maximizes revenue along with maximizing occupancy.
- Assists in collecting outstanding rents, security deposits, or other income as necessary.
- Assists with any accounts receivable payments and follow-up as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical and Analytical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management and Organizational Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Communication Proficiency.
Bachelor degree preferred; or prior experience in leasing and sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.
Knowledge, <strong< strong="">Skills and Abilities:</strong<>
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Email and Internet.
- Business math required.
- Strong computer skills required, including knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing software, database software; Spreadsheet software; and Property management software.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and leasing documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management.
- Write routine reports and correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format of ACC.
- Communicate effectively with management and subordinates is an essential requirement of the position.
- Communicate effectively with management, residents or employees.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages; apply concepts of basic algebra and math.
- Define and solve problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Handle with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of ACC business.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results