We are seeking an Administrative Assistant that provides administrative and secretarial support for the Marketing and Leasing departments. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles information. Deals with a diverse group of internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Perform processing of invoices and postage requests as well as reconciliations on open account balances.
- Complete tasks within SMS system to maintain organization.
- Assist in the completion of monthly AMEX reports for the Leasing and Marketing Departments.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, conferences and department activities for all members of the department as needed.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Order/Process gift cards for property portfolio as well as complete monthly gift card audits.
- Assist with Weekly Marketing call schedules and creation of information packets.
- Assist the Marketing and Leasing Departments with various projects as needed.
- Perform other basic administrative tasks such as calendar management, phone duty, travel arrangements, faxing, copies, etc.
- Maintains and updates filing system for the departments. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
- Sorts and distributes mail for the Marketing and Leasing departments. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail as requested. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Works in cooperation with other system development assistants to cover phones.
- Works within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in the position, you should have the following:
- Associates’ degree required and/or 4 years’ experience in the executive administrative support capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Email and Internet.
- Organization skills with the ability to efficiently prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written with internal and external customers. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Skills in reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Skills in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
Back to Results