The Office Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support various administrative duties related to office operations including, but not limited to: administrative work to include data entry, filing, copying, answering phones and assisting customers; taking and delivering messages and transferring calls; and monitoring front desk operations including mail/package delivery, building access, and visitors to the building.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the property/leasing office including data entry, filing, copying, answering phones and assisting customers.
- Work with management with the daily operations of the residential community.
- Organize office operations and procedures such as filing systems, archiving of files, requisitions of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Assist with all administrative duties assigned by the General Manager including but not limited to collections tasks, lease auditing, mail room operations, and various reporting.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the community as well as American Campus Communities (ACC) staff.
- Assist with guest and resident data entry, including but not limited to signing out amenities and guest logs
- Assist with account receivables processes to include, but is not limited to, data entry, audits, and resident follow-up as needed.
- Assists with the design of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Conducts all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary
- Understand, communicate, enforce and abide by all American Campus Communities and property-specific policies and procedures.
- Assists in property projects as requested.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team Player.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Detail Oriented.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Associates’ or bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior student housing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook Email, Calendar and Internet.
- Business Math.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Customer Service
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining an intense level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with management, residents or employees.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and leasing documents.
Back to Results