We are seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee Fairview House and Irvington House whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervising the activities of assigned staff and vendors to ensure the maintenance of the properties, facilities and equipment. This is achieved by ensuring all work orders and maintenance programs are completed in a timely manner, developing and implementing staff as well as programs to ensure appropriate standards are achieved, and maintaining appropriate records and documentation according to state and federal laws and organizational policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for the solicitation of vendor bids, as well as coordination and management of the company turn program in partnership with property management.
The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and at least three (3) years of related experience, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Air conditioning and refrigeration certification by an EPA Type 2 or above approved testing organization preferred
- The ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures, use basic math skills, and effectively communicate, verbally and written, with employees, residents and guests
- Computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and internet usage
- The awareness that you can occasionally be exposed to moving parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Back to Results