The Cognos TM1 (Planning Analytics) developer is responsible for new functionality and enhancements within TM1, including data gathering and interfacing with internal customers, creating design documents, building to technical specifications and creating technical test scenarios. The position requires technical expertise within TM1 and is responsible for the execution of special projects, operational analysis, and related reporting. Understand business processes and data governance concepts associated with master data, document business requirements and processes to ensure data is reliable and ready for use. Coordinate with IT and Mapping team to ensure we are utilizing technical capacity most effectively and drive effective governance to ensure actionable data quality activities.
- Develop Reports using the Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics platform.
- Develop Data Models in the reporting environment per customer requirements Cognos Framework Model.
- Develop technical design specifications and analyze data to create data structures
- Develop TM1/Planning Analytics Turbo Integrator processes and Rules for both new and existing functionality
- Work with product management to further develop tools within TM1/Planning Analytics
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Support of TM1/Planning Analytics on full life cycle projects
- Oversee and validates integration of source data into the target environment
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Facilitate key decisions regarding data standards
- Interface with key business and project team members to facilitate seamless execution of requirements
- Analyze and resolve cross-functional data issues
- Analyze data to create data structures
- Develop reports in a consistent best practices format
- Coordinate new reporting requests/changes to ensure accuracy and consistency of reports
- Monitor and troubleshoot escalated support tickets
- Additional duties as assigned
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- 5+ Years of experience in data intensive environment.
- 2-4 Years of experience working within Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, SAP) at least one required.
- Proficient experience with formatting and design pertaining to data and research and development of data and data sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in development with TM1 and PAX 2.0
- Hands on experience in developing TI processes and complex Rules is a must.
- Experience in providing support to PAX.
- Prior reporting application support experience
- Track record of successfully architecting small-, medium- and enterprise-scale solutions
- Preferred three or more years of business requirements experience
- Preferred three or more years of hands-on experience developing and supporting a BI/reporting application like Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects, Actuate, or ProClarity (a training plan will be crafted based on candidate credentials)
- Preferred experience working with dimensional modeling, including facts and dimensions, star and snowflake schema and OLAP tools and techniques.
- Change management, process documentation and testing tools.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills.
- Perform effectively with minimum supervision, exercising independent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Because of the sensitive nature of the job, complete confidentiality is required.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Ability to think concretely.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and be flexible and efficient time management with the ability to work in fast paced, changing environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service when communicating with the public and with employees at all levels in the organization.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to Results