The Senior Graphic Designer will provide concepts and implementation of design of materials for American Campus Communities and internal corporate departments that are aligned with our marketing strategies and adhere to our branding guidelines. This position will work collaboratively with all ACC departments and properties and report to the Senior Director - Marketing Operations, Creative & Production Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- The ability to translate ideas from written or verbal concept to visual product.
- Critical thinking that uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses or alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to design problems.
- Effective communication – both verbal and written, with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Create designs, concepts and template layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Work with existing design templates to resize, update copy, change pictures and adjust layout.
- Produce print ads, e-mail campaigns, online banner ads, outdoor media, brochures, postcards, direct mailers, flyers, logos and other marketing materials for a portfolio of properties.
- Analyze and determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Review, verify and analyze information (message, technical specs, etc) and apply to designs.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Ensure design consistency within specific property materials as well as consistency with other American Campus properties according to ACC branding guidelines, publication guidelines and university branding specifications.
- Balance tight deadlines with great design and precision.
- Prioritization of projects and workflow ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Develop training programs for graphic designer onboarding.
- Training and technical support/instruction for the Creative Team.
- Support and participate in the annual design campaign process by mentoring and providing direction to the Creative Team.
- Attend and participate in Creative Team and project intake meetings with key stakeholders.
- Participation in marketing system enhancement process, requirements and testing.
- Monitor current trends (design and non-design) and concepts related to the college-age market.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
- Bachelor degree required in graphic design.
- 4-6 years or more professional graphic design and visual brand management work experience for mid-size to large company.
- Must be a critical thinker effective at communication able to work under tight deadlines while maintaining great design and precision.
- Must be able to multi-task on several large initiatives at once.
- Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency.
Back to Results