The Construction Project Coordinator – FFE/Signage facilitates assigned projects dealing with furniture, fixtures, and equipment and with both internal and external signage for new and existing properties.
- Prepares purchase orders and quote requests and oversees invoice review / project coding for all common area purchases.
- Monitors and maintains budgets previously given for each specific project and elevates any concerns or issues.
- Coordinates and executes installs for both renovations and new developments.
- Responsible for signage including review of the architectural plans, logos, approved artwork, code compliance, permitting, required ordinances, scheduling efficiencies and installation of signage for both renovation and new developments.
- Procures unit furniture, including quote requests, and the review of product finish, style and quantities for each project.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- The procurement of common area furniture, fixtures and equipment required for both renovations and new developments achieving the most efficient and effective solution in the quality and price tradeoff.
- Coordinates with vendors to obtain information on price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring of lead-times in order to ensure product is received in a timely manner
- Responsible for the inspection and quality control of furniture delivered and trouble shoots/coordinates the replacement of defective items.
- Reviews and comments on plans and specifications received from the interior designer.
- Special projects – This position will be assigned special tasks where appropriate to fulfill supportive roles in various areas of development services.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- College degree.
- Some experience in the procurement of furniture, fixtures, and equipment and with interior and exterior signage for residential real estate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Architectural plans – able to read and interpret.
- Purchasing and Vendor relationships – develop and execute.
- Lead times, budget adherence, finish selection & furniture specification.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Email and Internet.
- Multi-tasking / detailed oriented.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Communicate well with multiple groups having diverse specialties.
- Be accountable and take ownership of projects.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires extensive (<50%) travel. The employee will frequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) and/or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to Results