The Production Layout Designer position is responsible for designing property marketing materials in a fast paced production environment where you will be expected to complete 60+ designs per week.Critical Duties:
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Design print ads, e-mail campaigns, online banner ads, outdoor media, brochures, postcards, direct mailers, flyers, logos and other marketing materials.
- Work with existing templates to resize, update copy, change pictures and adjust layout.
- Conceptualize, brainstorm and create new design campaigns.
- Review, verify and analyze information (message, technical specs, etc.) in SMS and apply to design.
- Adhere to existing style manuals, publication guidelines and university branding specifications.
- Balance tight deadlines with great design.
- Create template flyers and e-flyers.
- Perform basic pre-print duties (creating print ready/hi-res PDFs).
- Monitor current trends (design and non-design) and concepts as it relates to the college-age market.
- Meet daily deadlines.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Competencies:
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Strong layout design skills
- Bachelor degree required in graphic design, communication arts or related field, along with basic knowledge of graphic design.
- This is not an entry level position. 2-3 years or more professional graphic design and visual brand management work experience for mid-size to large company is required.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite with focus on InDesign.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Email and Internet.
- E-mail and web design experience a plus.
- Working HTML knowledge a plus.
- Establishing and maintaining customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written with internal and external customers.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting general business information.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Remain detail oriented while multitasking and meeting multiple deadlines
Back to Results