We are seeking an Area Bookkeeping Manager who is responsible for keeping records of financial transactions and oversees all bookkeeping practices for a market.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for overall accuracy of all account receivables including:
- Posting of payments received from all applicants, current tenants and non-current tenants
- Processing and reconciling daily credit card, debit card and ACH transactions
- Preparing and processing daily cash deposits
- Posting of all charges to accounts receivable accounts
- Bill back utilities (where applicable)
- Process significant number of SODAs and move-out charges during the property’s designated move-out for the current lease
- Researching and processing charge backs and returned checks
- Assessing late fees in accordance to the lease terms
Perform collections tasks on accounts to minimize delinquency including:
- Post rent reminders within the office, around the community and online sources (where applicable)
- Create and deliver delinquent rent notices to residents
- Make and answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and follow up
- Comply with and enforce local and state eviction laws
- Prepare and deliver accounts to 3rd party collection agencies
Maintain accurate accounts receivable in compliance with all company accounting policies, rules and regulations through:
- Reconciliation and balancing of all accounts receivable
- Completing end of month closing procedures (Bookkeeper is not responsible for Journal Entries)
- Conducting financial accounting audits in conjunction with regular lease audits
- Ensure appropriate revenue and expenses are maintained
- Attend monthly financial operations meetings to communicate status of account receivable activity
- Conduct weekly meetings, audits and reporting
- Maintain an understanding of company lease policies and GAAP
- Work closely with leasing team to ensure accuracy of rent roll
- Perform after-hours duties as needed (e.g., month end close out, beginning of the month weekend work, etc.)
- Assist with corporate projects as requested
- Serve as ACC representative and liaison in all interactions
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- An Associate degree in Accounting preferred; or 2 to 4 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and MRI/Property Management Software
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers
Back to Results