The Desk Assistant is a representative of the staff, serving an important role in developing a sense of community. The desk assistant is responsible for three areas of accountability. These areas are the keys to the orderly operation of the front desk.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
MAINTAIN COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND SAFETY
- Assist in identifying and reporting maintenance and safety problems.
- Assist in managing fire and other emergency situations, always notifying professional staff first if time permits.
- Know the location of the nearest fire extinguisher, and be familiar with the operation of the fire alarm panel and of fire safety equipment.
- Assist in security checks of the property while on duty.
- Know emergency telephone numbers.
- Assist in the supervision of student conduct and noise levels throughout the Community (i.e. periodic checks of front fire lane and other areas as assigned), and the notification of the On-Call PA's for other issues.
- Assist in the communication and interpretation of policies and regulations.
- Assist in maintaining established quiet hours.
- Stay up to date in policies by reading newsletters, staff memos, etc.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
ASSIST STUDENTS: PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Assist in the welcoming and orientation of new residents (i.e. helping in the location of rooms and available facilities, etc.)
- Assist in providing information on campus services and agencies.
- Ensure that proper procedures are adhered to in the issuance and return of equipment.
- Assists guests in contacting the resident they are visiting and ensuring their compliance with procedures regarding visitors.
PERFORM ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS
- Assist the professional staff during check-in and check-out.
- Maintain all administrative logs as designated by the professional staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the management staff.
- Maintain punctuality to assigned shifts.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Customer Service skills
- A degree in progress
Back to Results