$2,000 CHAMPAIGN GIVEAWAY - OFFICIAL RULES
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. (READ MORE ABOUT NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The $2,000 Champaign Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on January 13, 2022 at 9am EST and ends on April 29, 2022 at 6pm EST (the “Promotion Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is American Campus Communities, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age and a student enrolled at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the 2021-2022 academic year as of the opening of the Promotion Period (the “Entrant”), excluding residents of Rhode Island. Sponsor and its direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of Promotion Entities are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, domestic partners or spouses. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify individuals who violate these Official Rules, misrepresent themselves, or provide misleading or false information to Sponsor. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: One prize winner will be awarded a gift card of $2,000 USD.
The prize cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. Sponsor will not replace the prize payment gift card if it is lost or stolen.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to an address within the United States. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, and winner is responsible for any reporting obligations the winner may have. As a condition of receiving the prize, the winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a completed W9 form (including Social Security Number) so that Sponsor may issue a Form 1099, and to provide a signed and notarized release (including a right of publicity waiver) to the extent permitted by law. Winner may also be required to provide Sponsor with a government issued photo identification. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are five ways to enter this Sweepstakes (either of which constitutes an “Entry”) during the Promotion Period. Means of entry does not impact chances of winning.
(i) ONLINE ENTRY FORM: Complete the required portions of the online entry form at AmericanCampus.com/Champaign-Gift-Card by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
(ii) Text keyword “CHAMPS” to 979797 and complete the required portions of the entry form by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
(iii) PROPERTY TOUR AND GUEST CARD: Complete the required portions of the guest card form and take a tour at The Tower at Third, located at 302 E. John Street, Suite 100, Champaign, IL 61820, The Suites at Third, located at 302 E. John Street, Suite 100, Champaign, IL 61820, 309 Green, located at 309 E. John Street, Suite 103, Champaign, IL 61820, Lofts54 located at 309 E. John Street, Suite 103, Champaign, IL 61820, or Campustown Rentals, located at 309 E. John Street, Suite 103, Champaign, IL 61820 by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
(iv) PROPERTY TOUR VIA FACETIME AND ONLINE FORM: Complete the required portions of the online scheduling form and take a tour via FaceTime (or an alternate video chat application) of The Tower at Third, The Suites at Third, 309 Green, Lofts54, or Campustown Rentals, at your scheduled appointment time, by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
(v) MAIL-IN: Send a postcard or card with your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address with proper postage to $2,000 Champaign Giveaway, 12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200, Austin, TX 78738. All mail-in entries must be postmarked on or after January 13, 2022, and be received by Sponsor by the end of the Promotion Period.
Automated or robotic Entries will be disqualified. Entries must be made by the Entrant directly and not by any person or entity acting or purporting to act on the Entrant’s behalf. Any attempt by Entrant to submit more than one Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Instagram accounts, or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void each Entry submitted by that Entrant and that Entrant will be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be completed as described above or, if by mail, received by Sponsor by the end of the Promotion Period in order to be eligible. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received at any time during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted about three (3) business days after the Promotion Period ends by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Means of entry will not impact the chances of winning.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified, deemed ineligible, forfeits the prize or is deemed to have forfeited the prize, as determined solely by Sponsor, Sponsor or its designee may – at Sponsor’s sole discretion -- conduct another random drawing to identify a new potential winner.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by email at the email address provided by the Entrant no more than 15 days after the random drawing. The potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date that Sponsor sends the notification and provide the required documents within fourteen (14) days of the date that Sponsor sends the notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or the potential winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions or mail delivery; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any documents related to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules).
By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective owners, shareholders, members partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Persons”) from any and all liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, causes of action, damage, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable counsel fees), INCLUDING LOSSES CAUSES BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PERSONS, that may occur, directly or indirectly, and that you may have now and/or in the future, no matter how caused, arising from or in connection with (i) such Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or such Entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) disruptions or delays in the delivery of mail-in Entries; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (vii) any breach or alleged breach by you of any affirmation, undertaking or obligation set forth in any documents or information you provide to Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned for reasons which include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, U.S. Postal Service disruptions or delays, the COVID-19 pandemic, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Neither Sponsor or any of the Released Persons shall have any liability to any Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR RELEASED PERSONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, PRIZE OR USE OF A PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER
A Facebook account may be required to enter. If you don’t already have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com to create one. It is free to create an account.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To learn the name of the winner or to obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the address below. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later than 60 days after the Promotion Period has ended.
11. CHOICE OF LAW/DISPUTES/JURISDICTION. This drawing is governed by the laws of Texas, and all entrants agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in Travis County, Texas, for the resolution of all actions, litigation, claims and disputes, and agree that all actions, litigation, claims and disputes shall be brought in a court with competent jurisdiction in Travis County, Texas.
If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Official Rules, which shall remain in full force and effect.
12. SPONSOR: SPONSOR COMPANY NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS
American Campus Communities, Inc.
$2,000 Champaign Giveaway
12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200
Austin, TX 78738