When would you like to move in?
Full Term May/August Move In
Apply for Other Term
Text Opt In
CHARLOTTE 1 YEAR
RENT GIVEAWAY - OFFICIAL RULES
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Charlotte 1 Year Rent Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on March 27, 2021 at 9am EDT and ends on July 31, 2021 at 6pm EDT (the “Promotion Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is American Campus Communities, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and Washington D.C. who are at least 18 years of age and who are enrolled as a student at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte for the 2020-2021 academic year as of the opening of and throughout the Promotion Period (the “Entrant”), excluding residents of Florida, New York and Rhode Island. One entry per person. Sponsor and its direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of Promotion Entities are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, domestic partners or spouses. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify individuals who violate these Official Rules, misrepresent themselves, or provide misleading or false information to Sponsor. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor.
In addition, any person who is living at The Edge, University Crossings, University Walk, or any other property at any location owned by Sponsor or any Promotion Entities, or has entered into a lease with GMH/GF Campus Edge Associates, LP / GMH/GF Varsity Lane Associates, LP, ACC OP (U City Blvd) LP, GMH/GF University Walk Associates, LP or Sponsor or any other Promotion Entities, is not eligible to participate.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZE: One Grand Prize winner will be awarded a base rent lease for $0.00 (no base rent payment required) for August 20, 2021 to July 31, 2022, for a one (1) bedroom accommodation at The Edge in a four bedroom, four bathroom apartment unit. Prize does not include upgrades, parking, pet or other special fees, amenities or options not expressly identified in these Official Rules, or choice of a particular unit. Winner must sign a lease and accept all lease terms “as is.” Lease valid only during the term specified above. Estimated market or retail value of the prize is $7,548.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
No assignment, transfer, deferral or substitution of prize is permitted. Lease term not extended or altered in the event of “shelter in place” or other circumstances or restrictions that may impact in-person activities or winner’s ability to reside in the leased unit.
Federal, State and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, and winner is responsible for any reporting obligations. Questions related to taxes, should be directed to your personal tax advisor. As a condition of receiving the Grand Prize, the winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a completed W9 form (including Social Security Number) so that Sponsor may issue a Form 1099, and to provide a signed and notarized release (including a right of publicity waiver) to the extent permitted by law. Winner may also be required to provide Sponsor with a government issued photo identification. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter this Sweepstakes (any of which constitutes an “Entry”) during the Promotion Period. Means of entry does not impact chances of winning.
(i) PROPERTY TOUR AND GUEST CARD: Complete the required portions of the guest card form, take a tour with a member of the leasing staff at The Edge, located at 1300 Varsity Lane, Charlotte, NC 28262; University Crossings, located at 9010 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28213 or University Walk, located at 1205 University Walk Circle, Charlotte, NC 28213 and provide the completed guest card to the leasing staff by the end of the Promotion Period. Name, mailing address, telephone number and email address are required.
(ii) PROPERTY TOUR VIA FACETIME AND ONLINE SCHEDULING FORM: Complete the required portions of the online scheduling form and take a tour via FaceTime (or an alternate video chat application) of The Edge, University Crossings or University Walk at your scheduled appointment time, by the end of the Promotion Period. Name, mailing address, telephone number and email address are required.
(iii) MAIL-IN: Send a postcard or card with your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address with proper postage to Charlotte 1 Year Rent Giveaway, 12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200, Austin, TX 78738. All mail-in entries must be postmarked on or after March 27, 2021, and be received by Sponsor by the end of the Promotion Period.
Automated or robotic Entries will be disqualified. Entries must be made by the Entrant directly and not by any person or entity acting or purporting to act on the Entrant’s behalf. Any attempt by Entrant to submit more than one Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Instagram accounts, or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void each Entry submitted by that Entrant and that Entrant will be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be completed as described above and, if by mail, received by Sponsor by the end of the Promotion Period in order to be eligible. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor not responsible for any Entries that are delayed in the mail or not received due to any delivery disruptions, computer or network disruption, malfunction or otherwise.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received at any time during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted at Sponsor’s office about two (2) business days after the Promotion Period ends by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Means of entry will not impact the chances of winning.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified, deemed ineligible, forfeits the prize or is deemed to have forfeited the prize, as determined solely by Sponsor, Sponsor or its designee may – at Sponsor’s sole discretion -- conduct another random drawing to identify a new potential winner.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by email at the email address provided by the Entrant no more than 15 days after the random drawing. The potential winner must (1) accept the prize by return email, as instructed by Sponsor in the notification email, within seven (7) days of the date that Sponsor sends the notification, and (2) provide Sponsor with all required documents within fourteen (14) days of the date that Sponsor sends the notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or the potential winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions or mail delivery; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any documents related to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules).
By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective owners, shareholders, members partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Persons”) from any and all liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, causes of action, damage, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable counsel fees), INCLUDING LOSSES CAUSES BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PERSONS, that may occur, directly or indirectly, and that you may have now and/or in the future, no matter how caused, arising from or in connection with (i) such Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or such Entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) disruptions or delays in the delivery of mail-in Entries; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (vii) any breach or alleged breach by you of any affirmation, undertaking or obligation set forth in any documents or information you provide to Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned for reasons which include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, U.S. Postal Service disruptions or delays, the COVID-19 or other pandemic, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Neither Sponsor or any of the Released Persons shall have any liability to any Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR RELEASED PERSONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, PRIZE OR USE OF A PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, such as Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram. If you participate via a social medial or other third party platform, you confirm compliance with the policies and terms of such third party platform.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To learn the name of the winner or to obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the address below. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later than 60 days after the Promotion Period has ended.
11. CHOICE OF LAW/DISPUTES/JURISDICTION. This drawing is governed by the laws of Texas, and all Entrants agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in Travis County, Texas, for the resolution of all actions, litigation, claims and disputes, and agree that all actions, litigation, claims and disputes shall be brought in a court with competent jurisdiction in Travis County, Texas.
If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Official Rules, which shall remain in full force and effect.
12. SPONSOR: SPONSOR COMPANY NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS
American Campus Communities, Inc.
Charlotte 1 Year Rent Giveaway
12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200
Austin, TX 78738
What have we been up to?
Check out our other Charlotte communities