VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. (READ MORE ABOUT NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The $3,000 Lubbock Scholarship Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on November 25, 2020 at 9am CDT and ends on May 11, 2021 at 5pm CST (the “Promotion Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is American Campus Communities, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 year of age and a student enrolled at Texas Tech University for the 2020-2021 academic year at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Sponsor and its direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
In addition, any person who is living at 25Twenty, Raiders Pass, University Pointe, University Trails, The Village at Overton Park, U Club at Overton Park, 21Hundred at Overton Park, or any other property at any location owned by Sponsor or any Promotion Entities, or has entered into a lease with APKSHV Lubbock LP, ACC (Raiders Pass) LP, Lubbock Two Associates LLC, Lubbock Main Street Associates LLC, ACC OP (Overton Park) LLC, ACC OP (Tract 6) LLC, ACC OP (Tracts 32 and 33) LLC, or Sponsor or any other Promotion Entities, is not eligible to participate.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: One prize winner will be awarded a cash scholarship of $3,000 USD. As this is a scholarship, the expectation is that all funds should be used towards tuition. Tuition does not include administrative fees, books, room and board, or any other fees beyond the tuition amount.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. The prize cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to an address within the United States. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter this Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period.
(i) Text the keyword “RAIDER” to 313131 and complete the required portions of the entry form by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
(ii) MAIL-IN: Send a postcard or card with your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address with proper postage to $3000 Lubbock Scholarship Giveaway, 12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200, Austin, TX 78738. All mail-in entries must be received by Sponsor by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted about two (2) business days after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information no more than 15 days after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within seven (7) days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release if not prohibited by applicable law. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective owners, shareholders, members partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Persons”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Neither Sponsor or any of the Released Persons shall have any liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER
A Facebook account may be required to enter. If you don’t already have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com to create one. It is free to create an account.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the address below. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than sixty (60) days after the Promotion Period has ended. For accessing a Winner List online, visit americancampus.com/LBK-$2500-Scholarship. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
11. SPONSOR: SPONSOR COMPANY NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS
American Campus Communities, Inc.
$3,000 Lubbock Scholarship Giveaway
12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200
Austin, TX 78738