The Information Security Manager is responsible for protecting American Campus Communities (ACC) information against threats; detection when those threats increase beyond acceptable levels; and responding to those threats. This requires the position to stay up to date on the very latest threats and technologies to provide optimal solutions in the management of these risks. The role will routinely perform internal assessments and scans, report on those findings, and recommend mitigating solutions. The role will also provide direct oversight of 3rd party suppliers and services, and Information Security response to routine incidents.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of threat landscape and emerging technologies.
- Develop and maintain the preventative, detection, and response capabilities pertaining to information assets.
- Develop and maintain information security Incident Response process and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the employee Security Awareness Program.
- Manage ongoing vulnerability and security assessments conducted internally.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Leads the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Corporate Information Security Program meeting acceptable levels of cost, business impact and risk.
- Actively Lead Information Security Incident Response to specific incidents as they arise, including management of 3rd parties to assist with forensics, impact analysis, and remediation.
- Actively participate in the management of preventative, detection, and response tools and technology.
- Actively participate in the delivery of the Employee Security Awareness Program.
- Evaluate and recommend security products for purchase and deployment.
- Develop secure business communication practices.
- Access log data, configuration data and other systems as necessary to perform analysis.
- Perform unscripted security analysis activities.
- Support root cause analysis for major incidents.
- Provide regular risk and threat reporting.
- Provide regular vulnerability management and compliance reporting.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical field such as Cybersecurity, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology Operations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Management role.
- Prefer prior experience in developing or managing information security programs subject to regulatory requirements such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, or DOD standards.
- Prefer prior experience working within a risk framework, such as NIST RMF, COBIT, or COSO.
Back to Results