Position oversees all Accounts Payable duties for the company’s portfolio of approximately 200 properties including supervising a team of approximately 10 the Accounts Payable staff. This position reports to the VP Corporate Accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversee the completion of all accounts payable duties in a timely manner, while working with a large volume of data in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure the staff is organized and structured in a manner to support the timely and efficient processing of accounts payable
- Proactively streamline processes to run as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Play a key role in accounts payable related software conversions and other similar initiatives.
- Ensure excellent customer service for property site-level staff, corporate office staff and external vendors
- Establish, document and maintain operating procedures and processes and effectively communicate to staff
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and internal department policies and procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum 6 years related professional experience within a large company processing high volumes of invoices
- 4+ years of supervisory experience required
- Experience utilizing accounts payable ERP platforms, paperless accounts payable systems, T&E software and ACH/card
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Vendor maintenance
- IRS guidelines on Forms 1099 and 1096
- Microsoft Office
- Accounts payable best practice and current trends
- Accounts payable ERP platform, paperless accounts payable systems, T&E software, and ACH/card payments
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Communicating effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers
- Work with minimum supervision
- Detailed oriented
- Take the initiative to identity and resolve issues
- Clear communication with staff and management
Carries out supervisory responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular updates to leadership.
Back to Results