This position will oversee all required day-to-day accounting and financial reporting functions for the corporate entities of the Company as well as supervise and mentor a staff of 4-5 of varying levels within the accounting department. This is a comprehensive position that requires a solid understanding of all aspects of accounting.
- Review, coordinate and complete the preparation of accurate books and records for U.S. and Canadian corporate entities.
- Supervise, mentor and train a team of 4-5 individuals including an A.P. Associate, Accounting Associate and Accountants.
- Understand and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and departmental policies and procedures.
- Implement new policies and procedures and modify existing policies and procedures to make the financial reporting/accounting processes more effective, streamlined and efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepare and review required PBC schedules for internal and external audit as needed.
- Assist financial operations personnel and other company departments with questions and information requests as needed.
- Provide other support to the V.P Corporate Controller and Assistant Corporate Controller by managing or completing special projects and other periodically assigned duties.
- Prepare supporting schedules for SEC reports and other quarterly filings.
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC - we are all groundskeepers.
- Bachelor's degree (B.B.A.) in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience.
- 2+ years in a supervisor role managing a team.
Certificates and Licenses: CPA (active license) strongly preferred
Back to Results